Here is our plan for this term, with a couple of changes from the first term. I added a star in front of the new or changed subjects.
Fairy (5th Grade):
Math - Saxon 5/4
English - Bob Jones 5 Writing and Grammar
Spelling - Spelling Workout
Handwriting - A Reason for Handwriting, when complete, will move on to copywork
* Literature - The Princess and the Goblin, suggested in Ambleside Online Year 3 with narration required
* Geography - Literature Unit Study from Trail Guide to World Geography with Around the World in 80 Days
* History Tales - Michelangelo, Bard of Avon, Good Queen Bess
* Science - Weather, the forces of nature that shape our world (Fairy is fascinated by the weather)
* Free Reading - I didn't use to suggest reading material for their own free reading time, but this time I have given each of them one book to finish by the end of this month, Fairy's is On the Banks of Plum Creek.
Dragon (3rd Grade):
Math - Saxon 3
English - Bob Jones 3 Writing and Grammar
Spelling - Spelling Workout
* Handwriting - Copywork -Marco Polo selections
* Literature - Tales from Shakespeare, then Parables from Nature, suggested in AO Year 2, narration required
* Geography - Paddle to the Sea, then Tree in the Trail both by Holling C. Holling, narration required
History - finishing Story of the World 2 - Middle Ages
Science - finishing Rod & Staff Science 3rd grade
Free Reading - The Door in the Wall
Saturdays are our Handicrafts Days, this month we are working on a rag quilt, Fairy and Dragon will each be making a doll size one, Fairy for her American Girl dolls and Dragon for his Webkinz. I will probably end up making one for Princess too!
A new little helper has been this narration cube . We have used it when Fairy or Dragon have trouble coming up with their own narration. It has been great!
Fun home learning book sharing monday family books wordless wednesday nature journey north art wrap-up weekly report Reading nature study holidays photography science geography sketch tuesday canada homeschool report Me pets quilting cooking for our earth DPP Movies outdoor challenge sewing exploring get outdoors Fairy outdoor hour Iditarod birthday challenge math summer celeste journey north 2009 100books Dragon Lego music Princess animals halloween home journey north 2010 lapbook NaNoWriMo author fiesta field trip public school wreck this journal poetry 12 secrets baking birds blogs journey north 2011 spring city curriculum fitness gardening moving black history month bugs earth hour journey north 2012 planning reading my library shutter sisters sled dogs this moment travel unschooling December board games calendar quilt lego quest swap air cadets feeding my family food revolution hockey library recipes what works air show author study award backyard bird count camping dr seuss father's day pirates roald dahl space sports what my children are reading year 5 Ballet DQS6 St Patrick's Day TED talks arnosky basketball biographies eating clean for others geocaching happiness mail medical memory monday orion poems science rendezvous scree-free week 2011 skating spelling winter solstice winterfest youtube 2010 olympics Charlottetown PEI Patricia Polacco Rant appreciation book collecting good deeds helping others hooping hunger games jamie oliver maze nat orchestra peace quilt-along screen-free week snail stamps the next chapter book club video games wilderness wednesday wish wednesday world news writing