Tuesday 23 November 2010

First the books..

Before any of the holiday decorations come out, I always pull out the books!
I have been collecting holiday books for several years now,
finding them in thrift shops for the most part. 

Putting these holiday books away during the rest of the year
reminds me of when I used to rotate toys when my kids were smaller.
They all are so happy to see these favourites come out again!

I would like to share with you our little collection and
would love to hear about your favourites.
You can leave a comment on this post, or
participate in Book Sharing Monday over the next
few weeks in November and December.

 

Here is a group shot!
If you are wondering what is behind the books,
they are my work-in-progress quilted reversible placemat (look here!).

We have mostly picture story books.
The Wee Sing book at the top is missing the tape,
but we keep it anyway, it gives us the lyrics.


We love the "classics":
Frosty the Snowman,
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
Nutcracker,
and
The Night Before Christmas.
The copy of that last one is quite small, but it is beautifully illustrated,
and it is the original text.


Here are a couple of novels we have enjoyed over
the last couple of years.


My kids love to cook, especially my oldest daughter.
We found these two cookbooks last year and
tried several recipes from each.
Cute and yummy!



Let me know what your favourite holiday books are! I am looking for suggestions for winter solstice books as well (we've enjoyed this one), or winter-themed stories related to nature.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Great collection! We have a bunch as well but they are more scattered throughout our collection LOL I'll have to grab them out, good idea in keeping them separate! Makes them all the more enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED Kringle, fantastic book! I also know there is a movie in the works for it, cannot wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pulled out the bin of Christmas books from our shed but have yet to bring them in the house. I will do so on the weekend. I also like keeping the books separate and away - the kids always seem more excited when they see the books.

    Thanks for sharing your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection...I must get ours off the shelf now too. Although our local library has had them available all year and Scarlett often chooses a Christmassy or snowy story whatever the season.
    I'll share ours over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thank you for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Fun home learning book sharing monday family books wordless wednesday nature journey north art wrap-up weekly report Reading nature study holidays photography science geography sketch tuesday canada homeschool report Me pets quilting cooking for our earth DPP Movies outdoor challenge sewing exploring get outdoors Fairy outdoor hour Iditarod birthday challenge math summer celeste journey north 2009 100books Dragon Lego music Princess animals halloween home journey north 2010 lapbook NaNoWriMo author fiesta field trip public school wreck this journal poetry 12 secrets baking birds blogs journey north 2011 spring city curriculum fitness gardening moving black history month bugs earth hour journey north 2012 planning reading my library shutter sisters sled dogs this moment travel unschooling December board games calendar quilt lego quest swap air cadets feeding my family food revolution hockey library recipes what works air show author study award backyard bird count camping dr seuss father's day pirates roald dahl space sports what my children are reading year 5 Ballet DQS6 St Patrick's Day TED talks arnosky basketball biographies eating clean for others geocaching happiness mail medical memory monday orion poems science rendezvous scree-free week 2011 skating spelling winter solstice winterfest youtube 2010 olympics Charlottetown PEI Patricia Polacco Rant appreciation book collecting good deeds helping others hooping hunger games jamie oliver maze nat orchestra peace quilt-along screen-free week snail stamps the next chapter book club video games wilderness wednesday wish wednesday world news writing