Sunday 18 January 2009

An award...for me!

I came back from our weekend away tonight to a very nice surprise! I have been given an award! This is my first award for my blog! Thank you Makita.
It is such a kind and thoughtful award too...Here is the description:

About the award : This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Pass the award to 3 folks who make up part of your extended blogging family.
I think I might have blushed while reading that! It is true though, that when I created my blog last year, I was not in search of prizes or awards, but wanted to connect with other homeschooling families, and thought it would be nice place to share ideas, interesting projects, or even use the blog as a tool to keep track of what we did. It was an easy and quick way for family and friends to see what we were up to as well. My blog has since evolved into something a little different, it might be a little more focused on me now, but ultimately it still is about the adventures of my family.
Connecting to other homeschooling families, and other women in this blog world has been a wonderful experience. I enjoy reading about others, and their adventures...and I really appreciate reading your comments on this blog too :)
Now I need to pass on the award to 3 blogs (hard to limit to 3...). Ready? Here we go:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thank you for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Fun home learning book sharing monday family books wordless wednesday nature journey north art wrap-up weekly report Reading nature study holidays photography science geography sketch tuesday canada homeschool report Me pets quilting cooking for our earth DPP Movies outdoor challenge sewing exploring get outdoors Fairy outdoor hour Iditarod birthday challenge math summer celeste journey north 2009 100books Dragon Lego music Princess animals halloween home journey north 2010 lapbook NaNoWriMo author fiesta field trip public school wreck this journal poetry 12 secrets baking birds blogs journey north 2011 spring city curriculum fitness gardening moving black history month bugs earth hour journey north 2012 planning reading my library shutter sisters sled dogs this moment travel unschooling December board games calendar quilt lego quest swap air cadets feeding my family food revolution hockey library recipes what works air show author study award backyard bird count camping dr seuss father's day pirates roald dahl space sports what my children are reading year 5 Ballet DQS6 St Patrick's Day TED talks arnosky basketball biographies eating clean for others geocaching happiness mail medical memory monday orion poems science rendezvous scree-free week 2011 skating spelling winter solstice winterfest youtube 2010 olympics Charlottetown PEI Patricia Polacco Rant appreciation book collecting good deeds helping others hooping hunger games jamie oliver maze nat orchestra peace quilt-along screen-free week snail stamps the next chapter book club video games wilderness wednesday wish wednesday world news writing